Monday, September 14, 2009

taste of Argentian summer tuna cold casserole


My Argentinian friends made this for me once and it very much hit the spot. It's a great, simple, satisfying lunch. They say it takes like summer to them because everybody eats it on picnics.

*cooked rice (I usually make it with about 2 cups of uncooked rice)
*tuna (I put in about a can per 1 cup uncooked rice)
*green onions (1-2 per cup rice)
*mayonnaise (maybe a Tablespoon per cup rice - until the rice sticks together; sometimes I have to add more the next day - depends on the rice quality I guess)
*peas (frozen works great)

Cook the rice; I don't think it matters if it cools down all the way. Mix it all together. I add peas last so I can gauge how much I want in there.

Mix it all up and put it in the fridge. He put it in a bundt pan and chilled all day, which was a nice shape and cut nicely for servings. I put it in a casserole dish.

I especially like it served with fruit, such as grapes or cantaloupe.

No comments:

Post a Comment