Based on this recipe.
* 2 1/2 cups (600 ml) of milk (I use low fat but I think any is fine)
* 1/3 cup (66 grams) of uncooked long or short grain white rice (I used long grain because that's what I have, but I think a short grain would be better)
* 1/8 teaspoon salt
* 1 cardamom pod
* 1 cinnamon stick
* small handful of almonds (maybe 10 or so)
* 1 egg
* sugar (still working on amount; 1/8 c is too much)
* 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
1. In a medium heavy bottomed saucepan, combine milk, rice, salt, cinnamon stick, cardamom pod, and almonds and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer until the rice is tender, about 20 minutes. Stir frequently to prevent the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
2. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together egg and sugar until well mixed. Add a half cup of the rice mixture - a tablespoon at a time - beating to incorporate.
3. Add egg mixture back into the saucepan of rice and milk and stir, on low heat, for 10 minutes or so, until thickened. Be careful not to have the mixture come to a boil at this point. Stir in the vanilla.
Serve warm or cold.
When I have a craving, this does it! Just need to try it with short grain rice like arborio or sushi rice.
I could also make it chocolate following these suggestions.
Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
58 minutes ago