- 2 cups whole raw almonds
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (I think 1/4 c would be sufficient)
- 2 teaspoons rosemary
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or more to taste)
- Sea salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine almonds, syrup, rosemary, cayenne, and sea salt in bowl. Stir to coat well.
- Spread on a sheet pan (parchment paper lined is great for clean up).
- Bake in the oven for 10-14 minutes. Watch carefully as they burn quickly.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Once cool break up the nuts. They can be stored in an airtight container for about a week.
Quilt group is on Friday and I volunteered to take a cake for our birthdays, but somebody ELSE called dibs on cake (which he will buy - ugh - little worse than grocery store bakery cakes) and I was told I could bring "snacks like cheese and crackers." But two other people volunteered for that, so what to do?
Look through my cupboard and figure it out. This recipe sounds nasty - such a weird combination. But I have everything on hand (thank you, Trader Joe's) and it's simple, so hopefully it's good!