Sunday, September 13, 2009

homemade mayonnaise

I decided to make homemade mayonnaise.

It sounded good. I don't plan to ever do it again.

Granted, it was a pain that I couldn't use a food processor or blender because I was making such a small amount. And, I didn't have good oil to use (my canola was rancid, olive oil WAY too strong). And, I'm not really a mayonnaise fan (wanted it for the broccoli salad and the Argentinian tuna casserole I'll make in the next couple of days).

That all said, it freaked me out to see all that oil being used. That's a lot of fat AND a lot of money. Homemade mayonnaise will clearly save me neither calories nor money. Plus I think I ended up using more than the usual amount in the broccoli salad because it wasn't sticking right.

So, maybe I would do it again someday. But not anytime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment