Friday, December 25, 2009

fennel, feta, kalamata salad

Super duper yummy! Inspiration here.

Dressing:
  • 1/4 c lemon juice (fresh-squeezed Meyers lemons, please)
  • sugar to taste (about 1 tsp)
  • salt & pepper (go light on salt because of olives and feta - how salty are they?)
  • 1 tsp - 1 T olive oil
Mix together & set aside.

Salad:
  • fennel (I used one bulb sliced as thinly as I could, but I need a mandoline!) - set in ice water while preparing everything else
  • romaine or other lettuce you have on hand (or none)
  • olives (kalamatas, about 1/3 cup because they're yummy!); I prefer them chopped in 1/4 or so
  • 4 oz of feta (fresh goat feta, please!)
Mix the dressing in with the ingredients and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I have me some lemons with no zest sitting in my fridge...ready to be juiced. =)

    ReplyDelete