Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Creole seasoning

I've had the Tony Chachere's bottle for at least a couple years, as honestly I don't use it often.

But why not make my own?

There's this blend from Emeril. Though, I would omit the salt and pepper (add it to taste later) as well as the garlic and onion powder (put in fresh onion/garlic instead).

There's this blend.

Here, from Cooking Louisiana.


Basically I'll put together: paprika, cayenne, basil, oregano, and thyme. Maybe I'd add the garlic & onion powder if giving as a gift.

OK, I'm hungry!

1 comment:

  1. Is this the essence? (I'll let you get over the shock that I am actually posting something....it's been SOOOOO long overdue, I can hardly stand it).

    I made something very similar to this for some lamb that I marinated overnight and then made a fabulously tender lamb stew in the crockpot. Yum!

    ReplyDelete