Sunday, August 21, 2022

kale-ground beef-sweet potato meal

 I like simple fare, and this using up of things I have on hand was very tasty and nutritious.  All sort of substitutions would work great.

Bake 

  • sweet potatoes.  (New trick I learned: cut in half and cook in toaster oven at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.  Perfect!)

Saute:

  • onion (I used leftover 1/2 of a large onion)
  • garlic 
  • ground beef (3/4# or so, from a local farmer who grinds in organ meats - liver, heart)

 Once the onion is soft and ground beef barely pink, add:

  • kale (I put in an equal amount of kale as ground beef, by eyeball; it was frozen)

Let it cook until kale is preferred texture.  Season with salt, pepper, etc. (I used garlic powder instead of cooking garlic in it.)

Put sweet potato on plate, serve with ground beef/kale and sides (I added sauerkraut and feta).  

It makes enough for about four meals so I'll have it for breakfast the next few days.





*I got this from a local farmer, and they added in organ meats (liver, heart). 

No comments:

Post a Comment