Wednesday, July 27, 2022

pickled jalapenos

 A neighbor gave me a bunch of jalapenos earlier this year, with which I made "cowboy candy."  I did not care for that at all, and I'll reserve them for being chopped into cornbread in the future.  So when my plant started producing heavily, I decided to go the more traditional pickled route, and I'm very glad I did because these are great.

- jalapenos (I had about 3/4#)

- garlic cloves (about 2, sliced) 

- bay leaves, peppercorns

- water & white vinegar in equal amounts (I did about 1.5 cups of each)

- salt and sugar (about 1 T each)

Sterilize jars in water bath, heat lids.

Slice jalapenos and garlic.

Heat water, vinegar, salt, and sugar.  Bring to simmer.

Pack peppers and garlic into hot jars, add a bay leaf and peppercorns to each jar, pour brine over. 

PRocess water bath for 10 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment