Sunday, June 9, 2019

sweet potato hash

I'm in a refrigerator-clearing phase and landed on sweet potato hash for breakfast (and leftovers for most of the rest of this week).

I looked at this for some guidance but mostly went off script.

Preheat oven to 400.

Saute for about 10 minutes:
-1 onion (I used 1/2 onion that's been in fridge a long time)
-3-5 sweet potatoes (I shredded but next time I think I'll chop into small cubes)

Add in and cook about another 8-10 minutes:
-sausage (I had some spinach/feta sausage from a sale in the freezer; any kind is good)

 Put on top and let it steam for about 5 minutes
-some greens (I used the mizuna that was starting to bolt in my garden, a leftover spinach salad from earlier in the week, and the last of the refrigerator spinach)

Mix it together, then make indentations and add:
-eggs (duck eggs from friend are perfect!)

Bake for 10-15 minutes.  I did just over 15 minutes and the yolks weren't runny at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment