Saturday, June 8, 2019

fantastic carrot salad

I've been trying to make fantastic carrot salads since I had some great ones in France, and somehow it was never quite just right.  And this one probably is nothing like what I remember, but it was so good that I do not care.  I'm running through foods in the fridge and this used up an orange with a soft spot, some green onions that I caught on sale, chervil looking like bolting, and various such things.

Dressing:
-an orange peeled and sliced into small, juicy pieces
-chervil (all that I had growing, probably only about 2 T chopped)
-salt and pepper
-apple cider vinegar
-olive oil
-a little honey

Add to grated carrots (I put in three but it'd be good with up to five probably) and sliced green onions.

I'm going to go plant more chervil.  So, so good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment