Saturday, April 10, 2021

Moroccan carrots

  From here.  Note: with this amount of dressing and herbs, I increased the carrots to all that I had (about 1 3/4#).  I really enjoyed this dish.

Ingredients

  • 1 pound peeled carrots
  • 1⁄4 cup oil
  • 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
  • 1/8 cup freshly crushed garlic (about 8 cloves)
  • 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
  • 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
  • 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
  • 1 teaspoon cumin
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • Pinch of black pepper

Preparation

1. Simmer carrots for 10 minutes. Drain, cool, and slice into 1⁄2 inch coins. (Note: I had the water boiling before putting the carrots in, and I really liked their texture at 10 minutes.)

2. In a small bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients and then pour dressing over carrots. 

Refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve.  (I like this at room temperature)

No comments:

Post a Comment