Wednesday, December 16, 2020

pasta alla puttanesca

 This has to be one of the most satisfying dishes EVER.  I looked at a number of recipes and they were all pretty much the same.

- Heat oil (don't be skimpy) on medium

- Crush 4 cloves of garlic and put them in the oil for a minute or two, then add

- 4 anchovy fillets* and cook for a minute or two, then add

- 1/4 c. capers

- 1/2+ c. of good black olives (I cut in half)

- 28 oz can good crushed/diced tomatoes

- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes 

- pepper and salt (light on the salt - lots of salty food already in there)

Heat up, simmer about 15 minutes. 

Toward end of cooktime, heat water and boil spaghetti or other pasta in lightly salted water, and mix together.



*I went down a rabbithole about anchovies, but my only option was to buy a tin.  I gave one to my dog - whose mind was BLOWN - and put the remainder in a jar in the fridge to use up.  Next time I'll probably double the batch and freeze several containers worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment