Tuesday, December 15, 2020

I eat so well

 This weekend I made kasha varnishkes and pupusas, which I've been eating the past few days.  Dinner tonight: butternut squash hummus - yum!  Now I need to figure out what to do with leftover sweet potato.  Tomorrow I'll make tomatilla sauce (stage 1) for some potato-chickpea enchiladas. Then I'll make pasta puttanesca (bought the anchovies today).  And then sauerkraut-potato pierogies this weekend.  

I'm kind of on a big pasta kick, which is unfortunate for my waistline, but oh the endorphins.  Potatoes are also good mood stabilizers.  

And I'm just about back on tofu.  I gave up soy many years ago when dealing with fibroid issues, but now as I near menopause, it can be back on the table.  I'm very excited about this. I also wanted

I got a vegan weight loss cookbook that has some promise, though I'm rather skeptical about not being still hungry after eating some of the recipes.  I got Viva Vegan! by Terry Hope Romero, from which the enchilada recipe comes.  It's a lot of work with all the parts so we'll see if it's worth it.  

I have a bowl full of tasty gorgeous produce which I fully enjoy.  I spend over half my food budget on produce and I have no regrets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment