Thursday, September 26, 2019

salmon potato hash

I'm trying to use up the food I already have, as I overspent my food budget this month.  (How?  I have no idea.  It's already generous. Oh right - I cooked for parties and guests.)

I have about 30 jars of canned salmon to use up, which is such amazing abundance and I feel so lucky.  And I had potatoes.  And a bag of little peppers.  So, I cooked up a big pan of salmon potato hash that will serve as leftovers for days to come.  Breakfast skillet with a duck egg?  Yes, please!  Ideas from here.

***
4-6 potatoes, in small cubes
1 T butter
2 T oil
1 onion, chopped
peppers (bell, sweet mini, etc.)
garlic powder
salt, pepper
1 jar of salmon (I pulled out skin and bones and fed to dog with the juice)


Heat oil in large cast iron pan over medium heat.  Add potatoes and let cook covered for about 10-15 minutes.

Add in onion and peppers and seasonings.  (I think some other herbs could be good, as well as vegetables.)  Cook about 15 minutes more, stirring occasionally.  Add in the jar of salmon and let it cook another 5 minutes or so. 

I ate it with some sour cream and hot sauce, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment