Monday, September 16, 2019

really good greens

These greens were so good, which kind of amazed me as they didn't have bacon grease or any of that.  I emptied all the greens from my fridge and cooked them up together in a pot (there were radishes and turnips and perhaps other things).  Unfortunately they cooked down to not very much, but it was very tasty!


(I used a pint jar of home canned broth)







Bring chicken broth, water, oil, salt, and pepper to a boil in a stockpot. Add turnip greens and sugar and return to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring every 15 minutes, until greens are tender, at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.  Note:  I cooked them without a lid to get the liquid to reduce.  It took about 2 hours, and then they were SO GOOD.  Well cooked through and super tasty from all that reduced stock.

No comments:

Post a Comment