Sunday, August 30, 2009

curried chicken salad

Originally I took Gail's recipe.

Dice the following:
-2 stalks of green onions
-2 stalks of celery
-1 Red Anjou Pear or apple
-1/4th of an onion
-half of a chicken breast, cooked (approximately)

Mix in Mayonnaise until the consistency is as you like. I think I used about 3 flat tablespoons.

Add in:
-2 handfuls of chopped nuts (candied walnuts, pecans, almond slivers, etc.)
-Madras Curry Powder to your liking (I put in maybe 1 tsp - less than I expected to - definitely didn't want a strong curry flavor, just a nice little kick)
-Salt and Black Pepper to taste
-lemon juice

Mix them all thoroughly well, and serve on top of toast, inside sandwiches, on top of crackers or a bed of lettuce. Also good after it sits a few hours, to let tastes blend.

(Today I'll be making it without most of the ingredients - no celery, no fruit, no onion ... but lots of chicken to eat up!)

No comments:

Post a Comment