Sunday, January 8, 2023

banana bread waffles

 I got a little Dash waffle maker.  IT's cute AF, and I finally have it waffling.  The booklet with it included this recipe - which is timely because I have A TON of bananas in my freezer right now (blue java from my backyard tree).  They're pretty tasty.

Ingredients

Combine in a medium bowl:

  • 1.5 cups AP flour (or a whole grain flour would be nice)
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp kosher salt

 Mash bananas so no more large chunks, then add the rest:

  • 1 cup mashed bananas (2-3 bananas or more if small)
  • 3/4 cup buttermilk (or yogurt)
  • 1/4 cup light brown sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 3 tbsp canola oil

Then add wet ingredients and mix.

Add 3 tbsp to the mini waffle maker ad cook until golden brown. 

No comments:

Post a Comment