Wednesday, April 27, 2022

mulberries

 Got a bunch of mulberries and I'm having some fun.

Mulberry jam - I use Pomona pectin and their instructions because it always works great for me and it gives me a low-sugar option.

  • 4 cups mashed mulberries
  • 1/4 c. lemon juice
  • 2 tsp. calcium water (needs to be made up from the powder in the pectin package)
  • 2 tsp. pectin, in a separate bowl, added into
  • 1 c. sugar

Mash fruits and add lemon juice, bring to boil, add calcium water, bring to full rolling boil.  Add the bowl of sugar/pectin and stir it in well for a couple of minutes and bring to full boil again.  Put up in sterile jars, water bath for 10 minutes.  

Mulberries for yogurt

I then took the rest of mulberries and heated them up again.  (Because I gathered them from a dirty tarp, I wanted them cleaned thoroughly and cooked.)  I added some honey then put in clean jars to refrigerate and add into yogurt or other such things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment