Tuesday, April 12, 2022

loquat cobbler

 So many loquats.  I go to pick a few and the next thing I know, I have heaps.  So I found this recipe for loquat cobbler which I modified.

Ingredients

  • heap of loquats (about 2-2.5 pounds unprepped, 3 cups prepped with seed & skin removed)
  • cardamom (1/2-1 tsp) 
  • sugar (1 Tablespoon or so)
  • Prep loquats and put into a baking dish (pie plate, 8x8, etc.), sprinkle sugar and cardamom on top and stir in.

Then mix together:

  • 1 c. flour (whole wheat)
  • 1 tsp baking power
  • 1/4 c. brown sugar (I put in 1/2 cup - which is a third of what the recipe called for - and it was way too much)
  • salt

Add in:

  • 1 egg

combine with hand or fork.  Sprinkle that atop the loquats and then put on top

  • 1/2 c. pecans, coarsely chopped

 Then melt and drizzle over the top:

  • 1/4 c. butter
Bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment