ground beef and cabbage - recipe from here with my additions
- 1 lb ground beef (or turkey, venison, etc)
- 1 small head of cabbage, chopped
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 c. diced tomatoes
- Spices to taste: salt, pepper, garlic, basil, oregano, thyme, etc- I use at least a teaspoon of each
- Brown beef in a large skillet or wok, adding spices to taste as you go.
- When beef is almost completely browned, add sliced onions and grated carrots.
- When onions/carrots are starting to soften, add the cabbage and spice well.
- Cook about 10 more minutes, stirring often until cabbage starts to soften.
- Can be topped with salsa or sour cream if desired.