Monday, February 15, 2010

cabbage & pancetta with linguini

Better than it sounds!! Very yummy and really hits the spot when I'm craving pasta and vegetables.

From here, with few modifications.

Saute until crispy brown:
Pancetta (I used about 2/3 of a package from Whole Foods) or bacon

Lower heat and add:
1/2 c chopped onion
2 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
black pepper

Saute a bit, then add in:
1/2 cabbage, chopped

Stir up and let cook well, preferably until cabbage browns.

While that is cooking, boil water and cook linguini to directions. (I like a lot of cabbage to a little pasta, but do the amount you would like.)

Mix together, top with some grated parmesan and butter (*see below), and enjoy!

***
*When I cooked this, I used some leftover bacon grease in a cast iron skillet; between that & the pancetta, there was plenty of fat for flavor so no need to add butter or much cheese.

1 comment:

  1. Cabbage and pancetta sounds wonderful!! =) I've been wanting to play with pancetta...a good excuse! =)

    ReplyDelete