Tuesday, March 19, 2024

quince jam cake

 This is really tasty!  I had made quince jam last fall based on some happy memories in Germany, but it gives me heartburn.  I'd worked hard on it, simmering it for hours, and I was wondering what else I could do with it.  I found this cake and I don't know where it's from but it's fun, and the quince taste really comes through.  (Edit: I did a little googling and it looks like the author is from Bulgaria.  Fun!)

  • 3 eggs (at room temperature is best)
  • 1/2-2/3 c sugar (original recipe calls for 1 cup but I always reduce it)
  • 1/2 cup oil
  • 3 tbsp yogurt
  • 1 jar quince jam (I think 8 oz is what I used) 
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 2 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder

 Add baking soda to jam (and watch it foam up!).

Stir baking powder into sifted flour in a different bowl.  

Combine eggs and sugar in a larger bowl.  Add oil and yogurt.  Add flour mixture.  Add jam.

Bake in greased 9x13" pan at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes until done.  Let cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar. 


No comments:

Post a Comment