Friday, January 1, 2021

sandwich spread - "vegan tuna"

 This is tasty and I look forward to seeing effects (does it upset my stomach? does it satisfy me for hours or am I hungry again right away?), other ingredients, etc

How I made it

Mix together:

  • 1 jar canned garbanzos, rinsed and drained and mostly mashed
  • 1/4 c. or so red onion
  • 1/4 c. or so celery
  • 3 T. tahini 
  • 1 T. maple syrup
  • 1 tsp or so mustard
  • 2 pepperoncini, minced
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • tortilla chip crumbs

Serve on toasted bread.  (This will be great on sauerkraut bread) 

Other ingredients that they added instead of what I did:

  •  1/4 c. diced pickles
  • 1 tsp. capers
  • sunflower seeds (wish I had some to add)

There are so many other tasty possibilities as well.  This may become a staple.  

 


No comments:

Post a Comment