Saturday, May 23, 2020

kale and pasta

I'm not a fan of kale, but I do sort of like lacinato.  I had a soup that I would make regularly with it that was quite good, but I'm not really in a soup mood.  So I made dinner based on this.  I think it also might work nicely with some marmite in it, for that umami. Leftovers would be great in this frittata.

  • kale (I used 1 bunch equivalent)
  • garlic (I used 5 small cloves)
  • pasta (I used elbows as that's what I have, but linguini or thick spaghetti would be better)
  • salt, pepper, red chile flakes
  • Romano or Parmesan cheese

Boil water, boil kale for 2 minutes, then pull it out and put in a colander and run cold water over.  Use same pot/water to cook the pasta.

In another pot, heat oil.  Add garlic cloves and crush them up a bit as they soften and darken.  Then add the kale and cook a few minutes.  Add salt, pepper, chile flakes.  Then add the pasta with up to a cup of pasta water, let it cook down, and then sprinkle with cheese and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment