Sunday, April 26, 2020

fried potatoes with other stuff

I love potatoes, and I don't believe any negative hype.  When I worked in a stressful job in another country, on particularly difficult days friends and I would go to a hotel restaurant to eat. We would have the chocolate lava cake but I never felt better afterwards.  What did make me feel better?  A big plate of fried potatoes.  "Potatoes, not Prozac," a friend would say, quoting a book she liked.  I believe it. 

This is closer to what I'd like, though still not quite there.  Ideas from here.

- Steam some potatoes 10-20 minutes.
- Chop them into 1/2" pieces or so.
- Heat a skillet with butter and oil.  Cook onions, garlic, pepper, etc. if desired.
- Add potatoes and saute them. 
- Add sausage if desired.
- Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika.
- Let them cook until crispy on the outside.
- Turn off heat and add in mizuna or similar green.

No comments:

Post a Comment