I was looking for a recipe to use up sour cream, and found this one for blueberry pancakes. SO GOOD.
Blueberry Sour Cream Pancakes
- 2 cups (283g) all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp (42g) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups (295 ml) milk (anything but skim)
- 1 cup (8oz) sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 5 Tbsp (2.5 oz) unsalted butter, melted, plus more cold butter for griddle
- 1 1/2 cups (8 oz) fresh blueberries
- Preheat an electric griddle to 400 degrees (a non-stick skillet set over medium heat will also work).
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt 20 seconds, then create a well in center of mixture. In a separate medium mixing bowl whisk together milk, sour cream and eggs until well blended (melt butter at this point, if you haven't already).
- Pour sour cream mixture into flour mixture and whisk just until about 3/4 of the way combined (there should still be large lumps and some flour streaks). Immediately pour in blueberries and melted butter and fold just to evenly distribute, about 5 times. Butter griddle (only butter spot you'll be adding batter because the butter will burn quickly if you don't immediately drop batter after buttering) then pour a heaping 1/3 cup batter onto griddle. Allow to cook until bottom is golden brown then flip and cook opposite side until golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve immediately with maple syrup.
- Recipe source: adapted slightly from Taste of Home