This salad is FANTASTIC and I've made it a number of times. Recipe for Farro Salad With Beets, Beet Greens and Feta found here. Below with my modifications.
- 2-3 beets (any color), roasted
- Beet greens or chard or kale, de-stemmed and washed well
- 1 cup farro, cooked
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, minced or pureed
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil (may substitute walnut oil for up to 2 T of it)
- ½ cup broken pecan or walnut pieces
- 4 ounces feta or goat cheese, crumbled
- Herbs if you like (I don't generally add because no need)
- Roast the beets, cool, chop.
- Blanch beet greens/kale for 2 minutes or saute until slightly tender.
- Cook farro to package directions.
- Make the vinaigrette. Whisk together the vinegars, garlic and mustard. Whisk in the oil(s). Add to the farro. Peel and dice the beets and add, along with the beet greens, feta or goat cheese, herbs and walnuts. Toss together, and serve warm or room temperature with a little more cheese sprinkled over the top if you wish.