Sunday, April 3, 2011

crepes

I was burnt out. I was exhausted. I was overwhelmed.

I didn't want to hit the bottle, and I tried some of my other vices.

What could get me out of this slump? What could delight and invigorate me?

NUTELLA CREPES!

Taken from here, the batter is even better the next day. I disregard their directions though; I put the flour in a bowl; combine everything else, then whisk it (with a fork) into the flour. There are some lumps, but it's not tragic.

After cooking one side, I flip it over and put a glob of nutella on. It gets runny with the heat, so after removing (the edges brown), I spread it and roll it up and enjoy!

Ingredients

  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted

Directions

  1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and the eggs. Gradually add in the milk and water, stirring to combine. Add the salt and butter; beat until smooth.
  2. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each crepe. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
  3. Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook the other side. Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment